CPAN pull request challenge: Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA
I think I got off lightly with this one. It’s a simple wrapper over a C library.
- There were 3 easily fixed perlcritic problems at level 3.
- CPANTESTERS had a couple of quibbles, also easily fixed.
- Test coverage was comprehensive.
And that’s about it! Mistakes I’ve made in retrospect:
- I didn’t bump the version number. D’oh!
- When creating my second branch, I branched my first branch instead of branching master.
Lessons learned for this month’s IPC::Run, which will be a totally different kettle of fish.
I’m wondering if there shouldn’t be a much more comprehensive CPANTESTERS and maybe even a Jenkins with a bunch of likely linux, Mac and PC targets to run builds on. Something Travis could provide? Or is it a little too big a project?